Wednesday, July 18, 2007

For the Glory of Old IU!


Kristin and I are now Hoosiers. We are safe and sound in Bloomington, Indiana - a little south of Indianapolis. I made the long, long drive out here from Utah with my parents and got things set up for Kristin. The great belly flew out on July 11th and we have just been waiting on a baby ever since. We love Indiana already and will post some pictures. It is green, humid, spacious and beautiful. We went for a walk our first day here and saw two deer in the woods next to our house. We have watched concerts and movies in the park, explored our dining options, and gotten to know Bloomington. We visited the farmers market last saturday and made a lovely dinner with some of our finds - fried green tomatoes, corn on the cob, and homemade blackberry ice cream. Oh my. The ward is great, the school is great, our apartment is great, and everything is ready to go...EXCEPT WE CAN'T GET THE BABY OUT! Now, given that the due date is still a week away (July 26), but we just really want that baby now! We are ready to go and I start school on the 6th, so we'd like him to JUST COME OUT AND PLAY! Hmmm, maybe we'll go for another walk.

5 comments:

Erin and Corey said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you started a blog! You both look great in your new hats! I hope everything is awesome over there. Mike, good luck with school, and Kristin, I can't wait for the new baby to arrive! good luck with the delivery; you'll do great! Someone better call me when he arrives:) Love you both. oh by the way, here's my blog: erinandcorey.blogspot.com

L said...

I already miss you guys so much! We (Michael and I) are happy to hear that everything is going so well! I'm so glad that I'll have a place to see pictures of you guys and little baby Mike! We too cannot wait for his arrival! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers... we love you so much! -Laura Hulse

Erin and Corey said...

Post more pics of Jonah!!

mer and mel said...

Oh my goodness Kristin! I can't believe you're a mommy now! I'm not alone! I'm so glad that things went well with the birth- He is just darling! I can't wait to see more pictures of your cute little guy. Go to our website to see my Braden...he's nearly 1!
Melanie Nichols Shaw
www.merlinandmelanie.blogspot.com

Dave and Katie Anderson said...

Kristin and Matt! It's so great to get an update from you. Jessica gave me this blog address. Wow, Jonah looks great. He totally has Kristin's eyes. I can't believe you guys are in Indiana. Dave and I are living in Chicago! We'll have to plan a road trip to come and visit you all. Kristin - I'll call you this week to hear all about your life! I totally miss you guys.
Katie Quinn Anderson
P.S. our blog is http://kdanderson.blogspot.com/