Friday, January 16, 2009

I Love Thai Chicken Pizza!!


I realize that I have yet to post an update about our amazing month-long Christmas break (Hip-Hip-Hooray for being an MBA student), but I just have to post my new favorite recipe. I got this Thai Chicken Pizza recipe from my friend Megan Whiting about a month ago, and tonight was our second time making it.

Mike's friend from school, Dian, came over with her daughter Kaylia,and I taught them how to make pizza. She is going to teach me how to make the Indonesian version of chicken noodle soup sometime soon, so we're sort of doing a hands-on recipe swap. We made a pesto pizza with tomato, goat cheese, and chicken (which is also fabulous) and this pizza.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Thai Chicken Pizza
Peanut Sauce:
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
2 T. Hoisin sauce (I did not include this when we made it because I haven't been able to find it)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 T. granulated sugar
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. water
2 tsp. sesame oil (or canola oil)
2 T. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. minced ginger-root

Mix above ingredients in microwave safe bowl. Pour this mixture into blender and blend for 15 seconds or until mostly smooth. Pour back into bowl and microwave for 1 minute. The peanut sauce should be darker now. At this point, you can add more sesame oil to achieve desired consistency.

Toppings:
1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
1 1/2 c. grated mozzarella
1-2 green onions, sliced (you could also try using thinly sliced red onion instead)
1/4 c. grated carrot
2 tsp. minced cilantro
1 T. chopped peanuts

Spread peanut sauce onto prepared pizza crust. Sprinkle 1 c. mozzarella, onion, chicken, carrots, cilantro, nut, and then the rest of the mozzarella. Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees, or until edges of crust turn golden brown.

Here's the pizza crust recipe I use (thanks to Mike's mom) just in case you don't have one you like:

Pizza Crust
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 pkg. yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
2 tsp. salt
3 T. Oil
31/2 - 4 C. flour, enough to make a stiff dough

Dissolve yeast in water. Add other ingredients and knead for 8 minutes. I actually don't let the dough rise at all, so pizza night is actually pretty time friendly. I just plop the dough on a cookie sheet on which I've drizzled olive oil and sprinkled corn meal and use my hands to roll it out. Then put your toppings on and bake it up.

8 comments:

L said...

YUM!!! That sounds amazing! I'm totally trying this! :) Thanks!

Chrispy Critter said...

It is about time MS. LOWE! So glad you are back! Let's hang!

Jeanette Millward said...

Yum, yum, yum! I wonder if my kids would eat this. It sounds so good.
I discovered a great trick for making my mom's pizza dough recipe better. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of gluten. It makes the dough chewier...like "real" pizza dough.

Diane said...

That sounds soo good. I was planning to make pizza this week, and I'm thinking the kids can have pepperoni and I can make this one for me. Thanks for sharing, I love to try new things.

Jedda said...

sounds super YUM! So glad to hear from you! Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Julie said...

Sounds fabulous! I will try it this week. Thanks for sharing! Your family is darling and I enjoy keeping up with you from far away!

Diane said...

I have to write and tell you how amazing that was. We made pizza last night and then had a few pepperoni pizza's for the kids. I also made two pizza's, so ate it for lunch today. SO YUMMY!! And thanks to Jeanette for your pizza dough tip, it made all the difference. I have been trying to master my pizza dough, and that was the ticket. Thanks, you all for sharing. LOVED IT!!

Lisa said...

I love me some Thai Chicken Pizza too. :) Okay-we made the pizza today. It was AMAZING. I added the gluten and the dough was great. In fact, I just threw the dough in my kitchen aid with the dough hook for a few minutes and it turned out perfect. Also, I found that houssin (SP?) sauce at Wal*Mart and it tasted yummy. Thanks so much for this recipe Kristin!!