Sunday, February 27, 2011

Quarterly Report

I should be taking a much deserved Sunday afternoon nap right now. (My headache tells me so anyway) But it's a little hard to sleep when a certain 3 year old little boy is in his room humming the theme song to Hook VERY loudly. So, instead of napping, I'll do something productive and make my mom happy by updating the blog.
For this update, I'll be heading all the way back to Christmas. We spent Christmas in California this year with the Lowe's and we had an amazing time. I always come home feeling spoiled rotten. Jonah woke up everyday asking where his cousins were and wanting to know when he would get to play with them. Some of our exploits included:


Christmas in the Park downtown San Jose


A fun family outing to the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park and then down to Pier 39 for clam chowder and some sightseeing.

Of course, Christmas day. Jonah asked Santa for Slinky Dog and a Lightning McQueen watch this year. Santa delivered, barely.


Carrie was just happy to be there.
Mike and I also celebrated our five year anniversary by going out to Thai food and a fun old movie at the Stanford theatre with the best free babysitting around--Grandma and Grandpa.
We went to Utah on the 29th of December to spend time with the Black side of the family. We were so excited to meet Dirk's new baby, Caleb, and were able to be there for his baby blessing. What a sweetie pie.
We played in the snow a lot. Let me rephrase that: JONAH AND MIKE played in the snow a lot.



Here's Jonah riding in style. After a morning full of playing in the snow and Mike pulling Jonah around, Jonah said, "Daddy, thanks for doing all of that." Those two have a lot of fun together.

We played with cousin Jane


and Jonah went rock climbing at the Quarry. He climbed all the way to the top TWICE.


Again, Carrie hung out with Grandma and mommy.
Christmas was AWESOME. It is always so wonderful to be with our families.

When we came home, Carrie had her six month appointment. She weighed in at 18 pounds 11 ounces (90th percentile) and 26 1/2 inches long (75th percentile). We like 'em chubby. She babbles and is getting so close to crawling.

Jonah went rock climbing again at the Texas A&M student rec center with one of his little buddies. Jonah had a little crowd of people watching him.

He went pretty high.

Just watching Jonah climb that high made Carrie pretty tired.


In other Texas happenings, it snowed!!

Carrie is quite the little narcissist. She loves talking to herself and kissing the baby in the mirror.

I love my two cute kids, and they (I think) genuinely like each other.
Carrie had a photo shoot with my friend Meli. Here are some of the pictures:



10 comments:

Meli said...

finally an update!!;D such cute kids!

Jeanette Millward said...

Yay! I love seeing pictures of your cute, cute kids! How fun to have a little snow in Texas. It snowed here yesterday! Crazy!

Sally said...

Kristin,

So great to hear about your sweet family! I'm glad you're all doing well.

Sally

p.s. I'm having another girl-due in May!

Monica said...

I enjoyed your update and I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Jess said...

Wow! She is getting so big! And SOOO cute. She definitely has the Lowe stamp. What a sweet girl:) Livy is almost one and weighs less than Carrie:) haha. She is a Gillespie though, and we make em small. Oh well. Looks like y'all had a fun Christmas! Thanks for an update.

Kelli Jo said...

Hey sista!

First off you should update your blog more, based on these comments people love you and want to hear about you.

Second, I miss you. So come visit me in Utah and have some sisterly bonding.

anita said...

Oh, I'm so glad you did that! I miss you, and have to admit -- Conversations with Mike when he's on the way to class aren't quite the same as a blog from you and some pictures. This really filled in the blanks.

Allison said...

Your kids are so so cute! I like my babies chubby too :)

McKenzie said...

So fun to see your cute faces! Looks like you guys are enjoying Tey-has. Bloomington misses you!

Celeste said...

Such cute pictures!